866.789.4002  |   727.789.4000

Thursday, June 15, 2017

How to Stop a Foreclosure

Can I save my home by filing for bankruptcy?

Although the recession of 2008 is long behind us, many Floridians continue to face insurmountable debts, particularly expensive mortgage payments. Although some lenders may be willing to modify a mortgage loan or agree to a short sale, homeowners who default on their mortgage run the risk of a foreclosure. It is possible to stop a foreclosure proceeding, however, by seeking protection under the Bankruptcy Code.

What is a mortgage foreclosure?

If a homeowner fails to make full and timely payments of principal and interest on a mortgage, the bank or mortgage company may initiate a foreclosure proceeding. Basically, a borrower who misses a payment and does not make it within 30 days is said to be in default.

Read more . . .

← Newer1 2 3 4 5 6 7Older →

Archived Posts


The Law Office of Jeffrey A. Herzog, P.A. assists clients in Florida, including North Pinellas County, Palm Harbor, Trinity, West Pasco County, and the surrounding areas.

© 2022 Law Offices Of Jeffrey A. Herzog, P.A. | Disclaimer
3106 ALT 19, Suite A, Palm Harbor, FL 34683
| Phone: (727) 789-4000
1805 Cypress Brook Drive Suite 102, Trinity, FL 34655
| Phone: (727) 789-4000

Business Law | Personal Bankruptcy | Real Estate | Probate / Estate Administration | Estate Planning | Criminal Defense | Trust Administration | Foreclosure | Guardianships

Attorney Website Design by
Amicus Creative