866.789.4002  |   727.789.4000

Special Needs Planning

Monday, December 21, 2020

How Can Funds Be Spent with a Special Needs Trust?

Special needs trusts allow a person to set up a trust for a person with physical or mental disabilities without endangering the disabled person’s eligibility for government assistance like Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Medicaid, but only if the trustee follows the strict rules set up for these trusts. Even if the special needs trust was flawless in its creation, the trustee could cause the beneficiary to lose government benefits by making prohibited distributions of income or assets from the trust.

A trustee needs to know how funds can be spent with a special needs trust in Florida without inadvertently costing the disabled person much-needed benefits. It would be best to work with a Read more . . .

Archived Posts


The Law Office of Jeffrey A. Herzog, P.A. assists clients in Florida, including North Pinellas County, Palm Harbor, Trinity, West Pasco County, and the surrounding areas.

© 2023 Law Offices Of Jeffrey A. Herzog, P.A. | Disclaimer
3106 ALT 19, Suite A, Palm Harbor, FL 34683
| Phone: (727) 789-4000
1805 Cypress Brook Drive Suite 102, Trinity, FL 34655
| Phone: (727) 789-4000

Business Law | Personal Bankruptcy | Real Estate | Probate / Estate Administration | Estate Planning | Trust Administration | Foreclosure | Guardianships